If your child loves fun facts, then these Alabama Facts coloring pages are a great activity for them!
We’ve compiled these historical facts into two coloring pages that you can print and color in as you study. Isn’t that so much fun?
Download here -> Alabama Facts Coloring Pages
Did you know Alabama is known as the Cotton State? And that the Alabama River is the longest river in Alabama, flowing over 300 miles before emptying into Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico? And that Dothan, Alabama, is the peanut capital of the world?
We have more cool facts about Alabama’s rich history! Read on to learn more about it.
12 Interesting Facts About Alabama FOR KIDS
- Alabama is a state in the southeastern United States bordering Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi.
- With an area of approximately 52,419 square miles, Alabama is the 30th largest state in the United States by area.
- Alabama is sometimes called the “Heart of Dixie” or the “Yellowhammer State,” the latter being named for the state bird also known as the “Northern Flicker.”
- Helen Keller, the well-known author and activist who was both deaf and blind, was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
- The largest city in Alabama is Huntsville with 216,963 inhabitants.
- The state of Alabama is the only state in the United States that has an alcoholic beverage as its official state beverage: Conecuh Ridge Whiskey.
- The official state song is “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Alabama is the 22nd state to join the United States, having been admitted to the Union on December 14, 1819.
- Alabama was the first state to declare Christmas a public holiday in 1836.
- The civil rights movement and the American Civil War had a significant impact on Alabama. Several important events took place in the US state, including Rosa Parks’ famous refusal to give up her seat, which led to the Montgomery bus boycott led by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Harper Lee, the author of the classic novel Kill a Mockingbird, was born in Monroeville, Alabama.
- Hernando de Soto was one of the first Europeans to explore what is now Alabama in the 16th century and led the first European expedition across the Mississippi River.
- The Wright brothers founded their first civil aviation school in Montgomery, Alabama in 1910, the first of its kind in the world, making it a big deal.
- Fort Payne is located in Northeast Alabama and is known for its scenic beauty and outdoor recreation.
- Windshield wipers were invented by Mary Anderson in Birmingham, Alabama in 1903.
- The monarch butterfly is found in every county in Alabama.
Supplies needed for Facts About Alabama Coloring Sheets
Facts about Alabama coloring pages are standard letter size printer paper Dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This PDF contains two coloring pages full of Alabama facts not to be missed. Print out as many sets as you need and gift them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE facts about Alabama in PDF format
Coloring pages Alabama facts
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM THE KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
What was your favorite Alabama fact?