If you want to avoid the crowds but still want to get out of your house, spring picnics are a great idea!
Let’s have fun in spring season
Celebrate the warmer weather by packing these springtime picnic foods in a basket, grab a blanket, and have a picnic with your kids in the backyard. It’s fun and free! (You were going to eat anyway, right?)
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
There’s nothing fresher than a bowl (or jar) of fresh fruit salad. Bring something to your first spring picnic!
Ingredients needed for a simple fruit salad:
- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries (or whatever you desire)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- A lemon
There is nothing sweeter than Burnt Macaroni‘s easy fruit salad! It’s a quick recipe that makes it an excellent choice for last-minute outdoor adventures.
2. Pita Bread Sandwiches…the perfect picnic food!
Pita sandwiches are perfect for picnics because you don’t have to worry about your sandwich falling apart on your lap!
Ingredients needed for pita bread sandwiches:
- pita bread
- Roast chicken, shredded
- Avocado, sliced
- turkey slices
- Apples, cut into thin slices
- Gruyere cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pita Bread Sandwiches:
- Start by cutting the flatbread in half.
- For the first sandwich, fill the pita half with shredded chicken, sliced avocado, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the second sandwich, fill the pita half with turkey slices, cheese, apple slices and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap sandwiches in parchment paper.
3. Easy Strawberry Apple Salad Recipe
Another great way to celebrate spring is by making a fresh salad!
Ingredients needed for a strawberry and apple salad
For the salad:
- Lettuce (any kind works!)
- 6 strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 medium apple, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- Crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing:
And if you are looking for a dressing for this salad, you have to try it Burnt Macaroni‘s maple syrup dressing! Just keep it separate from the salad until you’re ready to serve.
4. Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar
Yes, you can make a cheesecake in a jar! Skip to this recipe to find out how!
Ingredients needed for the banana cream cheesecake:
For dessert, we’re going back to our favorite mason jar Burnt Macaroni‘s banana cream cheesecake in a glass! It’s easy and so fresh when you’re enjoying a picnic outside.
More picnic foods and ideas your family will love
What is your family’s favorite meal for a spring picnic? Comment below!