- Advertisement -
Ingredients for Çağlalı Artichoke Recipe
- 8-9 İzmir artichokes (Cleaned and soaked in lemon water)
- 1 handful of green almonds
- 8 -10 cloves of garlic (peeled and whole)
- 2 tablespoons of mastic tarhana
- 1 tablespoon of rice (washed)
- 1 large onion ( Edible chopped)
- 1/2 bunch dill (Finely chopped)
- 7-8 stalks of spring onion (Finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 glasses of water
How to Make Çağlalı Artichoke?
- Take the diced onion in a pot and put it in olive oil soften it.
- After draining the water of the artichokes and putting them in the pot, add the rice, green almonds and gum tarhana.
- Mix the lemon juice by whisking with 1.5 glasses of water and add it to the pot, then keep the lid closed for 30 minutes. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the stove and add the dill and spring onions, then close the lid and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- When serving, mix it carefully without crushing it and transfer it to the serving plate. Serve warm or cold after drizzling olive oil on it.