Enjoy this easy Christmas Punch with Vodka and Champagne to spruce up your holiday gatherings or parties this year. This popular traditional Christmas punch has all the vibrant colors and layers that helps provide a warm atmosphere for you and your guests at any holiday celebration!!
Alcoholic Christmas Punch Recipe
This old fashioned alcoholic Christmas punch recipe not only looks great but is so good as well. The first time you make and try this colourful festive vodka Christmas punch you will know instantly that you want to make it a new tradition. We loved it right away!!
It really is so easy and fun to make as it blends together all the warm Christmas flavors we all love into a perfect holiday punch to serve and please any crowd.
Featuring a combination of seasonal fruits such as oranges, apples, apple cider, cranberries, along with ginger ale. These ingredients create a flavorful, aromatic drink that will help you and your guests capture the essence of the holiday season.
You can enjoy this versatile champagne Christmas punch recipe in so many different ways, as it is easy to change up the ingredients.
We enjoy this punch for Christmas eve or even as a Christmas morning punch for a crowd and also share a fun recipe for kids to enjoy. You may also like my peppermint hot chocolate or white hot chocolate recipes.
So let’s raise a glass and give cheers to the joys of the holiday season, sharing precious time celebrating with friends and loved ones.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy holiday Christmas punch recipe
- Only 10 minute prep time along with time to make ice cubes
- Features vodka and champagne with seasonal holiday ingredients
- Visually stunning to help create a warm atmosphere
- So easy to customize your way
Christmas Punch Recipe Ingredients
- Vodka – 1 ½ cups chilled adds a neutral tasting spirt that adds a kick of alcohol without overpowering the other flavors in your punch
- Champagne – 1 bottle chilled it adds a touch of class and elegance to your punch that is bubbly and refreshing
- Ginger Ale – 12 oz chilled, adds the carbonation of fizz and bubbles, also helps to balance the sweetness of your punch
- Apple Cider – 4 cups chilled, it is readily available at Christmas and adds a warm and comforting flavor to the punch
- Cranberry Juice – 1 ½ cups of chilled 100 % cranberry juice for a tart sweet flavor that adds a vibrant red color
- Cranberries – 1 cup of fresh cranberries are another perfect holiday season flavor that adds a vibrant color to the punch that pairs well with oranges
- Apples – we like to use 1 Granny Smith apple for the tart sweetness and the green texture of the skin for great visual appeal
- Oranges – we used 2 blood oranges as they are perfectly in season at Christmas! They have a deep red hue that is visually stunning along with a more intense citrus flavour for your holiday punch
Making this cranberry Christmas punch you can easily adjust any of the ingredients to suit your tastes. You can substitute the blood oranges for any oranges of your choosing. Use white grape juice in place of the apple cider.
Pomegranate juice as a substitute for cranberry juice. You can substitute the ginger ale with club soda, tonic water, Sprite or 7up and a carbonated lemonade. You can use a dry or sweeter champagne depending on your tastes.
Can I make this a non alcoholic Christmas punch?
Yes you can! To make this recipe a Christmas punch for kids to enjoy, do not use the vodka or champagne and use instead a sparkling apple cider or sparkling white grape juice along with the other ingredients.
Step by step instructions for how to make Christmas punch recipe with alcohol
STEP ONE – Fill half an ice cube tray with cranberry juice and the other half with apple cider. Freeze for 30 minutes to make ice cubes.*
STEP TWO – Slice the apple and oranges.
STEP THREE – Combine all liquid in the punch bowl. Add the champagne last. Add regular ice cubes and juice/cider ice cubes.
STEP FOUR – Add in apple slices, orange slices and cranberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can add 1 to 2 cups of your favorite Sherbet or Sorbet (a frozen fruit dessert) to this punch adding another layer of sweetness and creaminess.
We find that our crowd does not like a lot of extra spices in our holiday punch so we do not add any. You can add cinnamon nutmeg or cloves and other warming spices to suit your tastes.
You can make alcoholic spiked Christmas punch recipes using rum, whiskey, wine or sangria.
Top tips for making the best Christmas punch recipe
- Chill all the ingredients before using
- Our best tip is to avoid regular ice cubes watering down the punch as it sits out, make ice cubes with cider and juice
- Have extra ice to line in the glass before serving
- When using any substitutions in this punch recipe make sure to taste and balance the flavors as you go
- If you prefer a sweeter punch you can add more apple cider or use a sweeter champagne
- To make it a less potent punch add less vodka
- Make sure to include some fruit slices in each glass when serving
- You can easily double this recipe for a crowd
- Presentation matters use a punch bowl or a large decorative bowl, and festive glasses of your choice for serving
Can I store my leftover Christmas punch with alcohol?
While you can store your leftover alcoholic Christmas punch covered in the fridge for 2 to 3 days we do not recommend it! As the ginger ale will fizz out and the pulp on the oranges would not look or taste very good. You are better off making it fresh again for a new gathering.
More Christmas Recipes to Enjoy
Holiday Rum Balls
Savoury Chex Mix
Christmas Chex Mix with M&M’s
Roasted Spiced Mixed Nuts
Old Fashioned Cocktail
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip