- Advertisement -
Ingredients for Cookie Basket Recipe
- 2.5 glasses of flour
- 150 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 glasses of powder sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract / aroma (You can also use powdered vanillin if desired)
- Colored sugar paste
- Black food pencil
- Heart candies
- Powdered sugar (Sifted)
Cookie Basket How to Make?
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients. 2 In another bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and butter until it becomes creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue whisking. After adding the dry ingredients and kneading a soft dough, wrap it in cling film and rest in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. (You can keep it in the refrigerator for 2 days.)
- Knead the dough you take out of the refrigerator again with 1 tablespoon of flour and divide it in half. Roll out both doughs in 0.5 cm thickness with a rolling pin on baking paper and cut hearts with molds of the size you want.
- Take it on two trays and bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 12-15 minutes in a controlled manner. When you take it out of the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes.
- When the cookies reach room temperature, you can start coating with sugar paste.
- Open the sugar dough on a clean counter sprinkled with wheat starch and cut hearts in any size and shape with the molds you use.
- Wet the starchy faces lightly with water with your fingers and stick them on the cookies. Gently rub any excess to the edges. Write your messages with a food pen on them.