- Advertisement -
Ingredients for Date Vinegar Recipe
With Medina dates:
- 30 dates (500 grams)
- Drinking water (500 ml)
With the dates of Paradise;
- 5 pieces of Paradise
- 1 tea glass of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
How to Make Date Vinegar
- For Medina date vinegar; The dates are washed until they are clean. It is taken into a jar and filled with water a little less than half the jar.
- Leave it empty, leaving about four fingers on the jar. The mouth of the jar is covered with a thin cloth and rested in a dark and cool place for about 6 weeks.
- After sufficient time has elapsed, if sediment has formed on it, it is filtered and taken back into the jar.
- Then the lid is closed and left in a cool place to wait for another day.
- Half a tea glass of grape or apple cider vinegar and salt is put on it and the jar is filled with water, then it is kept in a cool and dark place for about a month to allow it to ferment. Dates should be taken into the jar with their seeds.
What are the Tips for Date Vinegar Recipe?
- It should be noted that the water is drinking water. Tap water should not be used as it may be chlorinated.
- Pay attention should be paid to the thin and perforated cloth on which the jar will be closed. Breathing will facilitate the formation of vinegar.
- The resting process changes depending on the ambient temperature and therefore should be controlled.
- Make sure that the place where you will store the vinegar is dry and cool. Also, keep your vinegar in a dark place away from light. If necessary, you can put a blanket around it.
- In order for the mineral values not to be lost, you should use wooden spoons and avoid metal in making vinegar.
- It will be more beneficial if you soak the dates in water the night before.
- If you wish, you can speed up the fermentation if you put a spoonful of grape or apple cider vinegar and salt in it.
- You can increase the amount of vinegar by increasing the amount you will put in.
- After soaking the dates in water, it is useful to crush them into a jar and throw them away. This process will speed up the fermentation of the vinegar.
- The warm water you will use will accelerate the fermentation.