This easy homemade popsicle recipe is delicious and incredibly drip-free, making it the perfect summertime popsicle treat for kids of all ages. With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious, frosty summertime treat full of fruity goodness that doesn’t make a huge mess.
LET’S MAKE A No-Drip Jelly Popsicle RECIPE
Do your children want to do everything themselves? If so, then this easy no-drip popsicle recipe is for them!
Related: Oh, so many more popsicle recipes
The inspiration for these popsicles came when I heard about the drip-free ice cream you can make with jelly. And after we had to hose down a toddler covered in traditional popsicles, we made jelly popsicles and the kids love them!
This article contains affiliate links.
Ingredients for no-drip jelly popsicles
- Box of Jell-O – Choose the flavors your kids love!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 or 2 cups of pureed fruit – bananas, peaches, strawberries, blueberries and more…
- 1 cup water (or see the Jello instructions)
- Molds for popsicles
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS FOR no-drip jelly popsicles
First, let’s make jelly! Jello boxes come in different sizes. So take the amounts of water out of the box.
- Boil a cup of water (or the amount recommended in the Jello instructions)
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the boiling water to the bowl and stir with a spoon for 2 minutes until all the gelatin is dissolved.
- Instead of adding cold water at this point, move on to the next step, where you can add fruit juice and fruit instead…
Once the gelatin has dissolved, add your desired fruit puree and stir to combine.
Add 1 cup orange juice (or your favorite fruit juice) to the mixture instead of cold water and stir.
Pour the sundaes into the sundaes and freeze for a few hours until frozen.
Finished jello popsicles
So easy! Kids will love the sweet orange flavor with fruit! And you’ll like that they don’t make as much of a mess as a popsicle.
4 hours 15 minutes
Box of Jell-O – choose the flavors your kids love!
1 cup of water
1 cup orange juice
1 or 2 cups of pureed fruit – bananas, peaches, strawberries, blueberries and more…
1. Prepare the gelatin according to package directions until adding cold water: Boil a cup of water, add the gelatin to the bowl and stir for 2 minutes until the gelatin has dissolved.
2. Once jello has dissolved in boiling water. Pour in the fruit puree and stir briefly.
3. Add 1 cup orange juice and fruit to the mixture and stir.
4. Pour the sundae into the sundae and freeze for a few hours until frozen.
MORE ICE CREAM FUN ON THE KIDS ACTIVITY BLOG
Have you also tried making these jello popsicles with the kids? Have you had a no-drip popsicle adventure?