Today we’re going to learn all about the Earth with our printable Earth Facts pages! Just download the fun facts about earth, print them out and have fun while you learn about the world. Our printable PDF of fun facts includes two pages of earth images and facts about the earth that kids of all ages will enjoy at home or in the classroom.
Free printable earth facts for kids
These fun earth facts are a cool icebreaker when meeting new friends at school or elsewhere. They are also a great learning resource for home, classroom, or virtual learning environments any time of the year. Our earth facts printable set includes 2 coloring pages with the following facts. Are you ready?! Click the green button to download and print the Earth Fact Sheet.
Related: Fun Facts for children
How much do you know about the earth? Did you know that Earth is the only planet we can survive on (for now)? That’s right, Earth is the only planet that can sustain life as we know it.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun.
- The earth is 149 million kilometers away from the sun.
- The age of the earth is estimated at around 4.5 billion years.
- Earth is the fifth largest planet in the solar system and the largest terrestrial planet.
- The other terrestrial planets are Mercury, Venus and Mars. A terrestrial planet is a planet with a compact, rocky surface.
- Only 3% of the water on earth is fresh water, the remaining 97% is salty.
- The atmosphere is divided into 6 layers – troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere and ionosphere.
- The earth has only one natural satellite, the moon.
- The diameter of the earth is 7,926 miles (12,756 kilometers), which is the distance straight through the center.
- Earth is the only planet in our solar system known to support life because it has what it needs: oxygen and water.
This article contains affiliate links.
Download the Fun Facts About Earth PDF file here
Recommended accessory for facts about the earth painting leaves
This information page is designed for the paper dimensions of standard letter printers – 8.5 x 11 inches.
More facts about our solar system coloring pages:
Check out these fact pages that contain interesting facts about space, planets and our solar system:
More fun coloring pages and activities from the Kids Activities Blog
What was your favorite fact about Earth?