Ingredients for Olive Pastry (Gaziantep) Recipe
For the dough
- 1 glass of water
- Flour as much as it takes
- 1 packet of fresh yeast or instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the stuffing
< ul>2 glasses of pitted green olives or sliced olives250 g ground beef1 glass of walnut kernels (Cracked)3 onions 1 tablespoon of chili paste1 tablespoon of tomato paste1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes1 teaspoon of olive oil li>
For the Top
- 1 egg
How to Make Olive Pastry (Gaziantep)
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with sugar. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add salt, mix and make a well in the middle.
- Add the melted yeast and knead until you get a smooth dough like an earlobe. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest.
- Chop the onions for food and fry them together with the ground beef in olive oil until they turn pink. Add the garlic and continue frying.
- Then add the sliced green olives and walnuts, mix, sprinkle with chili pepper and remove from the heat.
- Divide the dough into tangerine-sized meringues and roll them out to the size of a pie plate.
- Cover half of the dough with a little bit of olive oil, close it in a half-moon shape, and cut the edges with a roulette or a tea plate and stick it.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, brush them with beaten eggs and bake in a preheated 180 degree oven. Serve after warming.