Insects are so cool! Especially the praying mantis with her cute god legs. Let’s take some time to learn fun facts about praying mantises!
These Praying Mantis Facts coloring pages are a fun way to be creative and learn about our favorite insects.
Our Praying Mantis Coloring Sheets are a great way for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers and older, to learn about our green friends!
Praying Mantis Facts FOR KIDS
- Mantis religiosa, common name praying mantis, is an insect known for having a triangular head and its front legs in a praying position.
- There are about 2,400 known species of mantids around the globe.
- Praying mantises live in many tropical and temperate regions of North America, southern Europe and southern Africa.
- Praying mantises are carnivores, which means they eat mostly other animals such as insects, beetles, spiders, and small mammals.
- They have stereo vision and have a wide field of vision.
- They are a helpful pest control as they eat destructive insects such as beetles, crickets and grasshoppers.
- They are well camouflaged and adjust colors that help them blend with the background.
- The Chinese mantis is gigantic, averaging 2.76 inches in length.
- Praying mantises are the only insects that can turn their heads from side to side.
- Some have interesting body shapes that make them look like leaves or twigs.
ACCESSORIES REQUIRED FOR PRAYING MANTIS FACT SHEET
Praying mantis coloring facts are designed in standard letter size printer paper Dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE PDF OF FACTS ABOUT THE MANTIS
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM THE KIDS ACTIVITY BLOG
What was your favorite fact about the praying mantis?