- Advertisement -
Ingredients for Sacher Torte Recipe
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 vanilla stick or 1 pack of vanilla
- 150 g butter
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 6 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 150 g flour
- 200 g apricot marmalade
- 200 g sugar + 125 ml water
- 150 -200 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- Whipped cream
How to Make Sacher Torte?
- Melt and let it cool slightly.
- Whisk the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar with a mixer until it becomes frothy.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and add the yolks one by one into the butter mixture and add the melted chocolate after beating.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl, whisk 100 g of sugar intermittently and gradually, adding half of the foam to the chocolate mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Sift the remaining foam and flour and mix them gently with a spatula.
- Grease the 24 cm clamped mold and flour. After putting baking paper on the base, transfer the mixture to the mold and bake in the preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- After removing the cake from the oven, turn the mold over and let it cool. (The cake should not rise and should be flat.)
- Turn the cooled cake again and cut it in half.
- Heat the apricot marmalade if necessary and apply it to the cut surface of the cake. After covering the other piece of cake, cover the whole cake with marmalade.
- Put the remaining 100g of sugar and water in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Set aside the syrup you have obtained and wait for it to be cooled. (If the syrup is cold it will be sticky, if it is hot it will be dull.
- Add the chocolate chips to the warm syrup and mix until you get a thick liquid.
- Pour the sauce over the cake and let stand at room temperature. . 11 Type “Sacher” with melted chocolate as desired and serve with whipped cream.