Let’s create your kids’ summer bucket list together today to start planning summer fun and opportunities for family memories. Use our free printable summer bucket list, then fill in the blanks with your choice of summer fun using our list of 50+ recommended summer bucket list activities for kids. This summer will be the funnest ever!
Summer bucket list for kids
If you look back at summers past, you might find that summer just flies by! In fact, you’ll often look back and wonder where all those warm days and nights went.
Related: Bucket List Ideas for Kids
This summer you can build in all the family fun you dream of in a more targeted way. Let’s create summer memories together by creating our very own personal summer bucket list.
Free printable summer bucket list for kids
Download and print our Free Summer Bucket List using the button below, then use the 50 Summer Activities list to fill in with the things you want to do together this summer. It’s one of the easiest ways to fill your summer days with fun and games.
Download and print the Summer Bucket List PDF file here
Suggested activities for your summer bucket list
- Go Catch some bugs.
- Watch a butterfly hatch from a doll.
- Make fresh homemade lemonade and enjoy.
- Paint with effervescent sidewalk paint.
- Make a children’s tightrope act for your garden!
- Dream of winter by making paper plate snow globes! – I love the solar system!
- Take a mini road trip to a new destination.
- do it yourself bouncy balls. Great fun when you take them to the paddling pool!
- Build a fire, prepare campfire food and roast it with these tasty smoke cones.
- Freeze some fun toys in ice and Be a digger and hack them free.
- Play I-Spy outside! Great way to notice the small details in the world around you!
- Clean out the garbage cans…then make noise with them! My kids love drumming in the garbage can.
- Build a paper airplane and then hold a flying competition!
- Pick one of these 50 Popsicle Recipes and freeze something delicious to eat!
- Watch ants change color and learn how they digest food in a fun outdoor experiment.
- Kool Aide Slurppies! Nothing says summertime better than sipping by the pool.
- Visit a farmers market together and use the produce to make veggie smoothies (or a dessert smoothie).
- Fill a dry kiddy pool with assorted items for a huge sensory tub activity.
- Regard Pill Bug Race. Try to collect a whole “family” of bugs.
- Make and eat your own homemade kid butter.
- Add some fun to yours Slip-n-Slide, with shaving cream!
- Use damaged pool noodles for art, a sword fight, or to build a marble run.
- Play outdoor bingo – Go in search of the items on your map. Whoever finds things in a row first wins.
- Experience and explore gravity by playing with pulleys
- Make cloud dough.
- Decorate rocks for your garden – with melted crayons!
- Treat yourself to a relaxed afternoon of board games. Here are some of our recommended best board games.
- Choose a flower and paint it your favorite color floral prints.
- Play with glow sticks – put them in balloons, pour the contents into glasses of water, paint with them, etc.
- Discover the colors of the rainbow with ice cream
- Craft with your recycling bin – build a recycled robot craft.
- Host a scavenger hunt in nature.
- Decorate some tin cans and create some DIY wind chimes. Compare the sounds of different can sizes/shapes.
- Collect your summer memories in a keepsake jar.
- Create art sculptures with aluminum foil.
- Decorate your garden with balloon figures OR make a bunch and spread them around the park – put a smile on the kids’ faces.
- Get muddy and cook up some muddy soup with the kids!
- Paint with water outside – I love art without chaos!
- Foam – a messy sensory project that’s magically fun.
- Make roses out of paper plates.
- Make a popsicle stick bridge!
- Freeze bananas (or grapes, strawberries, etc.). Dip them in chocolate or yogurt for a fun summertime treat.
- Play with giant bubbles – the bigger the better.
- Go fishing with your kids. Don’t have a pole? Go Pretend you’re fishing.
- Make shadow art with your favorite toys.
- Have a tea party – outside. Bring your friends and stuffed animals.
- Make a splashpad in your own house with a DIY project PVC pipe sprinkler system.
- Have fun decorating the garden with some concrete stepping stones.
- Water the garden – the slow way, with homemade watering cans.
- Explore fragrances outside with a water table experiment.
- Play and sculpt with it Rice crispie treats
- collect Items for a bird’s nest – with which the birds can decorate their nests.
- Make a butterfly feeder and homemade butterfly food for your garden.
- Make bathtub paint!
Camp Mom is full of fun summer ideas
Check out one of our favorite summer ideas: camp mom! Flip through the Camp Mom pages for loads of summertime fun with detailed instructions and pictures. Your kids will never be bored again.
More summer ideas for kids of all ages
What’s at the top of your summer bucket list this summer?