- Advertisement -
CHRİSTMAS COOKİE İDEAS
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1½ cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
- Green food color
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eg yolks and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Chill for easy handling.
- Shape into balls ¾-inch in diameter; dip in egg whitel then roll in nuts.
- Place on baking sheets; make a deep impression in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in oven, 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned around edges; remove to wire rack to cool.
- Using teaspoon, drop about ¼ teaspoon frosting into center of each cookie.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add water and food color for desired effect and beat until mixture is smooth and holds shape slightly.