Ingredients for the Walnut Jam Recipe
- 50 raw walnuts
- 1 kg granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3~4 cloves
- Juice of half a lemon
For the lime cream
- 500 g quicklime
- 10 liters of water
How to Make Walnut Jam?
- With jams you can make with carrot, blackberry, walnut, peach, rose and lemon Discover new tastes at your breakfast tables.
- Peel the walnut shells very finely. Take it in a bowl filled with water and change the water every day and keep it in water for 10 days.
- After 10 days, soak the walnuts in lime cream for 5 hours. Make sure that it is free from limescale by washing it thoroughly and make holes on it with a knife.
- Boil water in a pot and throw the walnuts into it and cook for 5 minutes and rinse with cold water. Repeat this process 4 times.
- Put the walnuts in boiling water and cook for about 40 minutes until they soften.
- Boil 1 kg of sugar and 4 glasses of water and add the walnuts into it. Add the cloves and cook until it reaches the consistency of jam.
- Add lemon juice and bring it to a boil, then fill it in a jar and let it cool. Serve.
- If you wish, you can also try the apple jam recipe.
Lime Cream: Unslaked Take the lime in a deep pot. Slowly add water to it and mix. Leave it overnight for the lime to settle to the bottom and carefully strain the water the next day. The calcareous part will be discarded and the water obtained will be used as lime cream.