- Advertisement -
Ingredients for Bazlama Recipe
- Half a pack of fresh yeast (or 1.5 teaspoons of instant yeast)
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 2 glass of warm water
- A pinch of salt
- 3.5 – 4 glasses of flour
How to Make Bazlama?
- < li>First, put the yeast and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add warm water to it and wait until the yeast dissolves.
- Add salt and flour slowly and knead until you get a smooth dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 40-45 minutes.
- Pull off orange-sized balls from the fermented dough. Using your fingertips on a lightly floured counter, roll out to a little over half an inch thick.
- After opening all the meringues in the same way, cover them again and leave them to ferment.
- Slightly heat a non-stick pan. Take the rolled flatbreads into the pan one by one and turn them after 1-2 minutes before they are fully browned.
- Cook in the same way, turning it inside out for 1-2 minutes until the dough rises well and remove it from the stove.
- For those who want to prepare the bazlama in the oven, ‘at what temperature does the bazlama cook?’ Let’s answer the question. Open the top and bottom of the oven and set it to 180 degrees. The cooking process takes about 20-25 minutes.
- You can serve the bazlama with one of the local delicacies, ali gentle or roasted beef. Bon appetit.
What are the Tips for Making Bazlama?
- Bazlama dough can also be rolled out with the help of rolling pin or roller. However, it will rise better when opened by hand.
- Leave the flatbread dough to ferment for about 45 minutes.
- To keep the consistency, you must rest the dough before and after rolling it.
- Constantly overturning the bazlama while cooking makes the dough rise faster and become soft.
- The pan you will use in the cooking process is very important. It is necessary to use olive oil to cook the dough in a normal pan.
- How long does it take for bazlama dough to ferment? After covering the dough with a damp cloth, the dough is fermented within 45 minutes. The fermentation process ends when the fermented dough doubles its previous state.
- How to make flatbread with milk? If you are wondering, reduce the amount of warm water in the recipe to half a glass and add 3 glasses of milk in it.
How Many Calories Are in 1 Portion of Flatbread?
- One serving of flatbread prepared without fat is approximately 355 calories. It is recommended for those who are under weight control to consume smaller portions.If you want to prepare your own breads with the ingredients at home, you can take a look at the delicious bread recipes category on our page. You can add the pepper bread recipe, one of the famous tastes of Turkish cuisine, to your list and serve it alongside the main dishes.